About the role
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Advancement, and a member of the UTS Advancement Leadership Team, as Executive Manager, Alumni & Community Relations (EM) you will:
- be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive engagement and communications strategy to provide meaningful opportunities for alumni and supporters to enhance loyalty and dedication to UTS;
- lead a program that provides alumni and UTS friends, wherever they reside, a lifelong connection with the University through learning, networking and partnerships;
- champion the engagement of alumni and UTS friends throughout their lives through an exceptional community-focused approach to deliver outcomes that offer opportunities for lifetime learning, volunteerism, personal and professional development, events and programs;
- oversee the development of strategy, you will also be responsible for the operational plans that guide the activities and strong performance of the Alumni & Community Relations Teams;
- utilise your extensive knowledge you will also take personal responsibility for a portfolio of domestic and international alumni and external supporters with a goal of meaningful engagement that leads to volunteerism, philanthropy and advocacy of the University.
Collaborative in style, you will bring strong leadership and management skills, including the ability to provide a strategic vision and promote a culture of engagement and philanthropy.
You are an accomplished organiser, motivator and manager of staff in complex environments.
Your influencing skills, effective at all levels, lead to the development and maintenance of meaningful relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, building the visibility and external profile of UTS Advancement.
Demonstrating the ability to embrace, initiate and drive change, your track record will also evidence experience in developing a meaningful engagement strategy that has had success in engaging alumni and constituents, leading to loyalty and support.
Whilst knowledge of Higher Education fundraising will be of interest to us, individuals with advanced knowledge and leadership of alumni and community relations programs, strong understanding of communications and marketing to domestic and international audiences, together with knowledge of fundraising methodologies are encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
Our vision is to be a leading public university of technology recognised for our global impact. We are committed to creating opportunities for our students and extending our knowledge and learning to increase the benefits we deliver for society.
We are a dynamic and innovative university, ranked by the Times Higher Education as Australia's top young university.
We are recognised widely as supporting inclusivity and valuing diversity. Cited as a WGEA Employer of Choice since the inception of the award, we value diversity and are now among the first Australian institutions to receive the Athena SWAN Bronze Accreditation for our commitment to action addressing gender equity in the STEMM disciplines.
The mission of UTS Advancement is to empower UTS alumni and friends to match their passions with UTS priorities.
UTS Advancement is responsible for growing the culture of philanthropy throughout the University, leading and managing philanthropic gifts on behalf of UTS, responsible for developing and delivering a range of engagement opportunities with the growing UTS alumni network (of over 210,000).
The impact of giving is shown through scholarships that remove financial barriers to education; research that solves diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s; Indigenous students achieving their educational goals; and the promotion of youth mental wellness.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Manager, Alumni & Community Relations via Pro Bono Australia.