About the role
We are currently seeking a part time (0.6 FTE) Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) to join our Geelong Family Relationship Centre (FRC). This role will provide screening, assessment and family dispute resolution services within the Geelong FRC as well as provide information, referral and services to strengthen relationships and assist families through separation.
Reporting to the Manager, FRC the position will be involved in but not limited to:
- Responding to initial client contact
- Providing information to and managing enquiries/requests from members of the public, community agencies, lawyers, counsellors and other professionals
- Undertaking thorough and comprehensive intakes and assessments, including screening for safety concerns and determining suitability for F.D.R. including Property FDR
- Conducting family dispute resolution sessions assessed as appropriate and in accordance with Geelong FRC and CatholicCare policy and procedures; this includes a focus on delivering property FDR
- Facilitating information sessions and education groups for a range of target audiences including children, parents, solicitors and school staff
Successful applicants will need:
- Degree in either Social or Behavioural Sciences such as Psychology, Social Work, Law or similar and equivalent and Post graduate qualifications on conflict/family dispute resolution
- Appropriate qualifications and experience in FDR as prescribed in the Family Law Regulations including experience in delivering property FDR
- Demonstrated experience in working with families and children in a human services environment
- Sound knowledge of family dispute resolution theory and practice, including child inclusive practice models and other evidence based frameworks
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislative frameworks, and in particular the Family Law Act 1975 and its rules, regulations and amendments
- Knowledge of family systems, child and family development, grief and loss, family violence and safety issues, and the impact of separation/divorce on adults and children
About the organisation
Relationships are at the heart of why CatholicCare exists.
We help people to build positive relationships, and repair connections when needed. CatholicCare works on behalf of the Archdiocese of Melbourne and the Diocese of Sale with a mission to break down the barriers to social inclusion by strengthening families and communities.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.