About the role
GENERAL MANAGER, FAMILY SUPPORT NETWORK, LISMORE
About the role:
As the key management leader of Family Support Network, Lismore, the role of the General Manager is to ensure that the mission and vision of the organisation is achieved through programs, planning, financial accountability and community liaison. Reporting directly to the Board of Management, the General Manager is responsible for overseeing the strategic plan, administration and programs of the organisation. Other key responsibilities include:
- Strategic Leadership and Governance – leading the organisation in a manner that supports and guides its mission, using a strength-based framework and constructive change management.
- People Management – a positive role model, supporting and encouraging the ongoing professional development of a high performing team of community service workers.
- Financial Performance and Viability – ensuring that resources are managed with integrity and are sufficient to maintain the financial health of the organisation.
- Organisation Operations – ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and implemented to maintain effective operation of the organisation’s service work.
- Stakeholder Management – promoting, building and retaining relationships with all stakeholders, including Board, government departments, community, agencies, funding bodies, service users and their families, and supporting the safety and well-being of service users.
About the organisation
Family Support Network (FSN) is an incorporated, Lismore based, not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to provide services that actively develop family well-being, build upon family unity and strengths and promote the rights and safety of children and young people.
Family Support Network has been offering quality services to families for almost 30 years, mostly in the Lismore NSW local government area. Services include provision of family work/support, facilitating parenting programs, as well as supported playgroups. FSN is also the Australian coordinator for training in the 'Parents As Teachers' evidence- based program which supports parents to engage with their children's early learning and development from 0-5 years age. Many of our services are funded by Family and Community Services (NSW Government).
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager via Pro Bono Australia.