About the role
Join a newly established team at its foundation
Based in Coburg
Full time role
Fixed term position to September 2020
Your new role
You will advocate for older adults in mental health and wellness and work collaboratively to develop our new stepped care, evidence based approach to improve mental health and wellbeing of older adults experiencing mild to moderate mental health issues.
- Provide assessment and therapeutic interventions including client focused assessment of activities of daily living as well as physical health needs
- Provide support strategies that strengthen the consumer capacity in managing their need and functional abilities
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders across the cities of Moreland, Brimbank, Darebin and Melton
What you’ll need to succeed
As an experienced Exercise Physiologist, Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist you will thrive working in a fast pace environment, being part of innovative and new models. Working in a newly established multidisciplinary team you will possess:
- Demonstrated experienced in health and wellness coaching in older adults
- Credentials as an Allied health professional (Physiotherapist, Exercise Physiologist or Occupational Therapist)
- A commitment to evidence based practice and the delivery of client centred quality services
- Proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
You will have the opportunity to provide high quality and evidence based healthy mind ageing services. It is a unique opportunity to establish an innovative and evidence based service model that will address the psychosocial needs of older people that could be replicated in other community health settings.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Health and Wellness Clinician (Older Adults) via Pro Bono Australia.