About the role
- Pennant Hills Location
- Full-time Position in a close-knit team
- Real opportunity to learn and make a difference
About the role
Are you a talented, energetic and enthusiastic HR Advisor ready to take that next step? Join our busy team and work with us to build a service and coaching culture!
Reporting to the HR Business Partner, this role will be part of an established HR team and a broader People and Culture team and will suit a self-starter with excellent people skills, resilience and the ability to be hands-on while also working closely with managers and supervisors to deliver on strategy and maximise performance.
As HR Advisor, some of your key responsibilities might include:
- Upskilling line managers through coaching, support and advice
- Partnering with key stakeholders to manage ER cases, including performance matters, grievances, terminations, investigations, award interpretation
- Assisting with employee compliance initiatives
- Contributing to key projects across the wider People and Culture team
- Partnering with our programs to deliver the People and Culture Strategy
- Completing HR administration activities
With a focus on Employee Relations, the ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience as a HR Advisor in a fast-paced complex environment (essential)
- Completed or be working towards completion of a relevant tertiary qualification (preferred but not essential)
- Sound understanding of Modern Awards, National Employment Standards and the Fair Work Act, interpretation and application
- Experience handling grievances and workplace investigations
- Exposure across all aspects of HR and the employee lifecycle
- Experience using HRMS/HRIS technology, including reporting
- Strong customer focus and the ability to build trusted working relationships
- Resilience, tenacity and a positive approach to get the job done
- Demonstrated ability to influence others through coaching, guidance and support
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Exceptional time management and personal leadership
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm
About the organisation
Working with CatholicCare
Join our vibrant, faith-based agency providing innovative social care services to 14,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in the Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Human Resources Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.