About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time ongoing position, based in Horsham
About the opportunity
The Integrated Family Services Worker operates under the general direction of the Integrated Family Services Program Leader to provide support to vulnerable children, young people and their families through case management and group work.
The families who receive a service from the Integrated Family Services Program present with a range of complex issues including drug and alcohol, family violence, mental health, homelessness, and cycles of disadvantage and poverty resulting in chronic neglect and cumulative harm.
- Experience and a sound knowledge in the provision of care, management and support of young people and their families from varying socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds. This includes the provision of support and effective communication with young people, including those with special needs and challenging behaviors.
- Knowledge of theories and practices relevant to vulnerable or ‘at risk’ children, young people and their development and behaviour, including solid understanding of trauma and attachment.
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Integrated Family Services Worker via Pro Bono Australia.