About the role
The International Program Advisory Committee (IPAC) is a sub-committee of the HFHA Board and its composition is set by the Board. The purpose of the IPAC is to support the International Programs team in setting and implementing the International Program strategy and to provide general oversight, support, advice and leadership to the Head of International as required to the Head of International Programs.
It also provides advice and guidance on achieving compliance with the ACFID Code of Conduct, DFAT Accreditation requirement and most relevant international/frameworks and plans.
HFHA’s (IPAC) is currently seeking an additional volunteer member with a strong international development background to assist the International Programs team and the Board with program management and coordination responsibilities.
KEY IPAC MEMBERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES:
The International Programs Advisory Committee member will:
- Provide input to the development of an International Program overarching strategy, direction and key performance indicators
- Monitor international program key performance indicators against Strategic Plan
- Provide expert input to the development of quality Government & grant proposals, advise on setting metrics and monitoring achievement
- Provide advice on resolution of strategic program issues when requested by Head of International Programs
- Monitor and provide advice on project implementation, including income and expenditure against approved budget, and provide appropriate reports to the HFHA Board
- Flag potential and/or actual changes to DFAT & government policy that impacts intentional program activity and provide advice on implementation
- Review and endorse International Program-related policies for approval of the full Board
- Provide advice and support to staff in the development of new initiatives, policies or partnerships as needed.
- IPAC membership is a voluntary role and requires a time commitment of physical or virtual attendance at quarterly meetings of approximately 1.5 hour duration each. Some additional time for revision of any relevant documentation prior to each meeting may also be required.
The role would suit someone currently working in the sector who wishes to broaden their experience or a person who has retired but is keen to continue active involvement.
About the organisation
Habitat for Humanity Australia (HFHA) is part of Habitat for Humanity, an international not-for-profit which originated in Georgia, United States in 1976. Habitat for Humanity began as a grassroots effort but has since grown to become a leading global non-profit working in more than 70 countries. Worldwide, Habitat has helped more than 22 million people obtain safe and decent housing, along with the strength, stability and independence to build better lives.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY AUSTRALIA INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS
HFHA supports poverty reduction projects across Asia, including multi-year projects focused on shelter, WASH, urban, community empowerment and disaster risk reduction projects.
The International Programs team currently comprises two full-time staff who manage more than 14 projects in seven countries and manage important relationships with the Australian government, individual and corporate partners.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: International Programs Advisory Committee Member (Voluntary) via Pro Bono Australia.