About the role
The National Rural Health Alliance (the Alliance) is seeking a Manager, Media and Communications with strong writing and contemporary communication skills to manage the Alliance’s media and communication activities.
The role will assist the organisation and the Chief Executive Officer to engage with media, government and a range of key stakeholders, to promote the Alliance’s strategic direction.
The key requirements of the position include:
- High-level writing skills including writing/editing copy for a range of audiences.
- High-level interpersonal and oral communication skills with proven ability to work as a member of a small team, as well as with the media, government and other external organisations and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience and success in implementing communications programs and providing advice and support to a broad range of stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated capacity to interpret specialist information and arguments and present in plain English so it can be understood.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies and issues relevant to rural and remote health in Australia.
- Demonstrated ability to be pro-active in preparing a range of communications that promote the key activities of the organisation to a range of audiences using a range of platforms.
- Strong digital, broadcast and print media skills including a contemporary knowledge and experience in the effective use of social media.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly, independently and within a team environment, to plan and prioritise work flow to meet deadlines and deliver high quality outcomes.
- Highly developed computer skills, including proficiency using Microsoft™ Office, Outlook, web browsers, and current and emerging social media platforms.
To be successful in this role you will have an understanding and appreciation of the health needs of people in rural, regional and remote Australia. You will also understand the workings of government, the media and the health sector, and will be experienced in translating complex information into plain English for diverse audiences on a range of platforms.
You will have experience in similar roles and have demonstrated skills in media management and communication strategy development. You will get along well with people and be comfortable working in an open plan office as part of a small team.
This full-time position offers a salary range of ($90,000 – $100,000 pa), flexible working conditions, generous salary packaging and 10.5% employer superannuation.
About the organisation
The National Rural Health Alliance Ltd is Australia's peak non-government body for rural and remote health. The Alliance works closely with its 41 member organisations to achieve better health outcomes for people living in rural and remote Australia.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Media and Communications via Pro Bono Australia.