About the role
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will be responsible for managing FRSA’s research and policy work as well as participating in representative and stakeholder engagement activities.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Sound policy analysis and policy development;
- Strong research and consultation skills, including data collection and analysis;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and reporting;
- Experience with membership-based consultation and research;
- Capability to develop reports and/or resource products for the sector and community;
- Capability to monitor research & policy developments;
- Capacity to work in a small team environment with limited supervision.
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria:
- Qualifications/experience in policy areas relevant to the children, families and community support sector;
- Substantial experience in policy/data analysis, problem solving and policy development;
- Consultation and research experience, including data collection and analysis;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to build peer/professional networks.
In addition, an understanding of the role of a peak body, the community services/not-for-profit sector and/or the legislative framework for family law are desirable attributes for this Manager of Policy and Research role.
The successful applicant will require a Working with Vulnerable People card and proof of the right to work in Australia.
The Position Description is available on the FRSA Jobs Board at www.frsa.org.au
About the organisation
Family & Relationship Services Australia (FRSA) is the national peak body for family and relationship services. FRSA has a critical leadership role in representing our Member organisations to support their needs and interests and those of the children, families and communities they serve.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager of Policy and Research via Pro Bono Australia.