About the role
Cancer Council is Australia’s leading cancer charity, working towards our vision of a cancer free future.
We currently have a new temporary 12-month maternity cover opportunity for an experienced marketing and brand professional to join our team at Cancer Council Australia based in Sydney.
The key purpose of the role is to support the organisation with marketing plans and activity, and bring our brand, mission-related work and our national impact to life across numerous channels.
If you are an experienced marketing and brand professional with a passion for the not-for-profit sector, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with a highly motivated team dedicated to reducing the impact of cancer in Australia.
Reporting into the Head of the team, the key focus of the Marketing and Brand Manager role is to:
- Communicate Cancer Council’s key national brand and mission marketing messages across Cancer Council Australia channels
- Enhance our reputation through the development of content that demonstrates Cancer Council’s national impact
- Champion the implementation of Cancer Council’s brand across Cancer Council Australia channels
- Line manage the Marketing and Brand Coordinator
- Building collaboration across the organisation and agreeing national impact content development priorities
- Securing buy in from numerous internal stakeholders on projects with a national focus
- Implementing Cancer Council’s brand identity across Cancer Council Australia channels
- Day to day management of creative agencies under tight production timelines
- Multi-tasking and prioritising tasks with competing deadlines across projects
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will have at least 5+ years marketing and brand experience and will be able to demonstrate your experience in project managing the execution of successful marketing and brand strategies from briefing through to creative production, delivery and evaluation. You’re a strategic thinker with experience in assisting with the development of marketing plans, digital marketing and market research (ideally with a quantitative market research background). You’ll have a track record of managing agencies with a strong understanding of creative, brand and content agency processes, and experience in managing and implementing brand guidelines across numerous channels. Your excellent interpersonal and communication skills mean you can successfully manage a diverse range of stakeholders, and your strong attention to detail and project management skills will be demonstrable through previous work.
Ideally you’ll also have previous line management experience and experience in the not-for-profit sector.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Marketing and Brand Manager (Maternity Cover) via Pro Bono Australia.