About the role
We are looking for an innovative Marketing & Fundraising manager, with a strong knowledge of fundraising principles and systems, a track record of results, who is strategic and ready to get creative and innovative in reaching and increasing fundraising targets and reviewing revenue streams.
- Develop, implement and review the delivery of a 3 year fundraising strategy
- Work closely beside the Relationships & Development Manager who manages Corporate relationships & sponsorships.
- Secure major donors and build relationships with those individuals.
- Perform at speaking engagements as required.
- Provide new and creative ways to leverage relationships with multiple stakeholders and to diversify our revenue streams
- Identify prospective philanthropic grants and grant makers, trusts and foundations, monitor grants register and oversee submissions
- Drive an increase in our individual givers and regular giving program
- Drive, nurture and lead a high performing but small team to build strong and engaged donors.
- Oversee implementation of marketing, digital and communications strategies and plans
- Oversee the development of copy and design for creative collateral and promotional materials
- Oversee the management of our social media platforms and website
- Create an innovate viral social media fundraising campaign
- Identify stories for websites, social media channels and other RMHC Sydney communication channels
Essential criteria & attributes
- Minimum 4-5 yrs Marketing & Fundraising background
- Proven track record of increasing revenue and fundraising streams
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage and execute marketing and event programs and campaigns with the purpose to raise funds and awareness for a cause.
- Experience developing revenue streams and/or maximising returns from existing streams
- Experience in building relationships with, and raising revenue from major donors
- Ability to think creatively and laterally in relation to problems/issues
- Analytical skills to assess and report on activities undertaken
- A willingness to jump in to support your team at the drop of a hat is not only important but required.
- Strong financial understanding and management
- Ensure accurate data entry and reporting
- Exceptional interpersonal skills & leadership skills
- Have a sense of humour and fun
- Strong written and verbal command of the English language, grammar and sentence structure
- Ability to perform at public speaking functions
- High level of drive and determination and a strong results orientation
- Data and profit obsessed to make continual small improvements
- A willingness and ability to think and act strategically as well as being hands on
- Acceptance and tolerant of diversity
About the organisation
Ronald McDonald House Charities Sydney (RMHC Sydney) provides an essential service to families.
We advocate family-centred care and play an important part in keeping families close and involved throughout the medical journey of their child. We seek out innovative and compassionate solutions that will foster resilience in our families beyond our service to them.
Ronald McDonald House Charities Sydney is a unique and special place of joy, laughter, learning and community brought together by the bravest of children from all walks of life.
Benefits & Culture:
- Salary packaging
- Quarterly staff team events & meetings
- Collegiate and engaging team environment
- Opportunity for flexible working arrangements
- Trusted and respected Global brand
Cultural fit is just as important as candidate aptitude and we are proud of our workplace culture here at RMHC Sydney. We are looking for someone who aligns with our core values:
OPTIMISIM. COMPASSION. INTEGRITY. EQUALITY
The safety of the children and families we help is paramount. Our recruitment and selection process includes police and working with children checks to assess applicants’ suitability to work with children and families.
RMHC Sydney embraces diversity and inclusion and invites applications from women, men and intersex individuals from any cultural background who share the organisation’s values and ethics.
How to apply for this role
Please email our Executive Officer, Simone Daher on firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume and a cover letter that shows how you meet the essential criteria and attributes of the role. We will be conducting interviews ongoing so don't wait until closing date to apply
Please quote in application: Marketing & Fundraising Manager via Pro Bono Australia.