About the role
We’re Marie Stopes Australia, the leading national provider of sexual and reproductive health. We’re looking for our next exceptional, enthusiastic and passionate Medical Administrative Assistant, to join our friendly, supportive and dedicated team in Southport on a casual basis.
This is more than a simple receptionist role; you’ll be responsible for the day to day running of the administrative side of the clinic under the direction of the Nurse Unit Manager. We want you to own this role and bring your own brand of creative thinking to how things could be run better.
You’re a reliable person who understands the importance of customer service. You feel confident that you can resolve situations with effective but also empathetic communication.
What we want you to do:
- Pro-actively provide essential office and administrative support to the clinic team
- Ensure a seamless patient journey, from the moment they walk in, to the moment they walk out
- Act as the first point of contact for all phone calls and patients, ensuring a welcoming and warm first impression
- Ensure high levels of internal processes, communication and data integrity are maintained
- Ensure patient confidentiality
What we need:
- A Pro-Choice Advocate
- Previous administrative experience within a medical environment
- Invoicing and receipting of patient accounts
- Medicare bulk billing/batching
- Private health fund direct billing
- Follow up outstanding accounts
- Liaise with patients
- Liaise with other professionals, organisations and insurers in relation to patient issues
- Reconciliation of monies taken and experience in use of EFTPOS
- Accurate data entry skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Transmission of statutory reporting and completion of errors
- Professional telephone manner
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
What we’d like to see (but aren’t essential):
- Interest in reproductive, sexual, and women’s health
- Use of Thelma
What we’re offering:
- A supportive team environment
- Salary will be based on experience
- Negotiable for the right candidate
Who you’re joining:
At MSA we believe in children by choice, not chance. Our vision is to help all Australians take control of their sexual and reproductive health, and we can’t do this without passionate and committed staff. We believe that diversity makes a better workplace, so we’re an equal opportunity employer.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Medical Administrative Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.