About the role
- MND Advisor and Support Coordinator
- Based in north/northwest metro Melbourne, Victoria
- Full time preferred but .8FTE considered
- Committed to deliver the best possible support and advocacy for people living with disability?
- Keen to use your broad knowledge and experience of the disability and aged care sectors?
- Looking for a challenge?
MND Victoria provides information, advice and support services for people living with motor neurone disease (MND) in Victoria. We have a team of 11 MND Advisors and Support Coordinators who work with people across the state and are looking for a new team member to cover the north and northwest metro area of Melbourne.
We are seeking an experienced health professional to work with people with MND to:
- provide information, advice and support to people living with MND, their families, carers and health professionals
- provide support coordination for NDIS participants
- plan, refer and assist people with MND to navigate the service system
- represent the needs of people with MND with NDIA, Disability Services, My Aged Care, service providers and funded agencies
This is a full time position, but we will consider applicants who can work .8FTE. Work motor vehicle and salary packaging available. For enquiries and a position description contact Jo Whitehouse firstname.lastname@example.org or by ph on 0402 183 140. Applications addressing the key selection criteria to Jo Whitehouse via email by 5pm Wednesday 31st July 2019.
About the organisation
MND Victoria is dedicated to providing the best possible support for people living with motor neurone disease (MND). ‘People living with MND’ includes people who have been diagnosed, families, carers, friends, workmates, service providers and any other person whose life is, or has been, affected by MND.
MND Victoria was formed in 1981 by a group of volunteers to address the absence of a coordinated response to MND. It is a state-wide not-for-profit organisation, predominately self- funded with the head office situated in Canterbury in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. There are currently 28 staff and 130 committed volunteers.
The MND Advisor/Support Coordinator is responsible for providing person centered, responsive and timely advice and support that includes:
- assessing the needs of people living with MND
- planning to address current and future needs
- pre-planning for participation in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Coordination of Support for NDIS participants with MND
- accessing My Aged Care
- making appropriate referrals
- assisting with negotiation of the service system
- acting as an interface with health professionals and service providers.
The MND Advisor and Support Coordinator develops expert knowledge of the supports and services available within their region and creates a network of contacts within those services. Additionally the MND Advisor provides on-going advice and support to families, health professionals and community service providers as required.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: MND Advisor and Support Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.