About the role
About the Program
Youth Learning Pathways that is part of the Crime Prevention Program, will focus on integrating frontline crime prevention services with relevant education and training programs and provide the necessary support services in order for young people already engaged in the criminal justice system, or identified as being at ‘high risk’ of engaging in criminal behaviour, to participate and succeed in education and training as a tailored pathway to employment.
About the Role
The Multicultural Youth Worker will be responsible for delivering proactive and responsible learning and development activities to young people aged 16-25 years who are either currently involved in the criminal justice system or present as having a “high risk” of engaging in criminal activity. The role will support the development of appropriate structures with diverse communities to advance outcomes for young people and their families.
- Hours: 22.8 hours (3 days) per week, 0.6 FTE
- Fixed Term: until June 2020
- Base Salary SCHADS 4: $68,804 per annum (pro rata) (plus Super + Access to Salary Packaging)
- Location: Werribee
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00pm, Monday 22 July 2019
You will have
- Demonstrated experience in working with young people and their families from immigrant and refugee communities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds within a youth participation and community development framework;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the justice system including an understanding of the court processes;
- A well developed understanding of and sensitivity to issues affecting immigrant and refugee and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people and their families;
- Proven ability to engage with youth programs and other services;
- Demonstrated organisation skills with high level written and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
For more information
About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
How to apply for this role
How to Apply
- Provide your updated resume / CV
- Address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description
- Email the above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: <Your Name> - Multicultural Youth Worker CMY155.
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and short listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Please quote in application: Multicultural Youth Worker – Youth Learning Pathways (CMY155) via Pro Bono Australia.