About the role
Guide Dogs Victoria has a vacancy for an experienced professional to join our Client Services Team in the position of Occupational Therapist, reporting directly to our Support Services Team Leader.
In this role you will be responsible to:
- Providing assessment, training and follow up occupational therapy programs for clients who are blind or have low vision;
- Providing services within a Fee for Service model (such as NDIS and My Aged Care), including outcome measures and clinical justification for service and equipment needs;
- Engaging with our clients and family members in the provision of services that are person centred and focussed on the achievement of goals; and
- Working in conjunction with practitioners across the breadth of our services (including Orientation and Mobility Specialists, Support Coordinators and Orthoptists) in the provision of holistic support to our clients.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualifications in Occupational Therapy with current AHPRA registration;
- Previous experience working with clients who are blind or have low vision will be highly regarded;
- The ability to work collaboratively with a range of other practitioners across multi disciplines;
- A thorough practical working knowledge of contemporary issues within the disability sector and person centred approaches, together with a strong client focus;
- A commitment to live the values and behaviours of Guide Dogs Victoria; and
- A strong alignment with the vision of Guide Dogs Victoria in delivering independence to people who are blind or have low vision.
A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging and a fully maintained company vehicle.
About the organisation
Guide Dogs Victoria provides high quality training to maximize the independence of people living with low vision or blindness. Our professional services extend beyond the provision of guide dogs, and include innovative children's mobility programs, orientation and mobility training for adults and people living with an acquired brain injury (ABI), and social networking programs to support active community participation. Guide Dogs Victoria is also Australia's most trusted charity and an employer of choice in the disability sector. Our staff enjoy an inclusive and collaborative working environment where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Occupational Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.