About the role
Your new role
As an Occupational Therapist Grade 2 in our Aged Specialist Services Team, you will:
- Undertake assessment of clients to identify current strengths and activities
- Conduct skills training and carer support training for both clients and carers
- Oversee the prescription of equipment (including funding applications) and recommendations for home modifications
- Administer dementia specific interventions in the home environment for clients in the Memory and Dementia support service (cognitive assessment and intervention)
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Proven clinical experience in community health, equipment prescription and home modification
- Interest in clients with dementia and memory loss
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly explain complex ideas to clients with varying levels of health literacy
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to network and liaise with others and contribute effectively in an team environment
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clinical presentations with clients over the age of 65 through the rapid reablement service. In addition, there is the opportunity to work with clients who have dementia or memory loss who are living in the community.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Occupational Therapist - Grade 2 via Pro Bono Australia.