About the role
The Fremantle Foundation grows giving in WA by helping individuals, families, and businesses to establish charitable funds that support causes they care about.
We call them Named Funds, it’s like having your own foundation, without all the hassles.
We are looking for a highly motivated person with specialist operations skills to add to our dynamic team.
To work with the EO to provide operational management for key functions of the Fremantle Foundation including:
- Events and special projects
- Governance and finance
- Existing donor services and engagement
- Donor development activities
- Coordinate the 12-month calendar of public events including small donor occasions, large public guest speaker events, donor information sessions, Professional Adviser workshops, and the Fremantle Foundation Ball.
- Provide assistance with financial management and preparation of reports and information to the Board through liaising with Treasurer, Accountant, Administration Assistant and Social Impact Manager as needed.
- Provide strategic insight and practical input into donor and public communications including Enewsletter, social media and website.
- Deliver a contemporary and effective system and strategy for maintaining donor relationships together with the Social Impact Manager and Administration Assistant.
- Ensure regular and consistent messaging and communication is maintained with donors and stakeholders.
- Support EO in delivering donor development activities as required.
The opportunity includes training and support from staff and Board, and you will join a worldwide network of community foundations.
This is a part-time position, with final EFT to be negotiated with the successful applicant. The position is based at the Fremantle Foundation office, located in the Fremantle CBD.
We are seeking a person with high attention to detail with relationship management experience. You are a self-directed person with a desire to increase the impact of our growing organisation.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate that you have the competencies required for the role and that you share the foundation’s values, which are listed below.
Innovation – We are always thinking of ways to improve
Can-do attitude – we bring a positive and proactive attitude to all aspects of our work
Giving – we give time, treasure and talent to improve the community
Transparency – we are community led and all information is available to the public
Efficiency – we constantly look for effective ways to operate
Creativity – we explore creative options in all that we do
Leadership – we inspire community solutions through collaboration
Relevant tertiary qualifications in business, marketing or relevant experience in operational management (or similar).
Skills and Competencies
- Understanding of the philanthropic or a related sector.
- High attention to details and strong planning and project management skills.
- Significant personal accountability and drive, with the ability to work with autonomy with a range of relationships and diverse responsibilities.
- In addition to this, be able to work collaboratively with the rest of the team to ensure that others feel empowered and engaged.
- Ability to maintain high standards through self-evaluation and seeking feedback from others.
- A flexible, dynamic approach to work with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy and experience working with contemporary CRM or donor relations databases and systems.
- Ability to travel from time to time and undertake after-hours work when required.
The Operations and Donor Engagement Manager will report to the EO.
How to apply
Please email your CV along with a 1-2 page cover letter to Brooke Aslett at email@example.com by 5:00pm Monday, 22 July 2019.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations and Donor Engagement Manager via Pro Bono Australia.