About the role
St John Ambulance Australia (VIC) has served the community for over 135 years. We work for the service of humanity, existing to help those who are in sickness, distress, suffering or danger.
Our People and Culture team based at our state office in Mount Waverley is expanding. We are searching for a part-time or fulltime, dynamic, energetic and highly organised OHS and Injury Management professional who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment and is dedicated to customer centricity.
The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert responsible for managing all activities related to Injury Management, WorkCover and Return to Work. This includes providing regular and timely advice and feedback to people leaders relating to managing cases and advice to employees on health and safety matters, implementing recovery at work strategies to facilitate an employee’s early and safe return to work and ensuring compliance with relevant OHS, workers compensation and injury management legislation.
We’re also keen for a team member who has a flair for creativity in order to progress our internal health, safety and wellbeing engagement programs developed to build awareness and learning, impact positive change, and empower our people to be safe in their work. This is a rare opportunity to join our expanding organisation in Victoria and truly contribute to the humanitarian objectives of St John.
Essential Skills and Attributes (Selection Criteria):
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end Injury Management, WorkCover, and Return to Work activities.
- An advanced understanding and experience in work health, safety and wellbeing – a passion for OHS.
- Experience implementing creative and engaging OHS programs
- Strong consulting, influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- ‘Quickest route to goal’ approach’ but not at the detriment of quality.
- Experience working in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Resilient with the ability to work across a range of people and OHS issues; creating innovative workable solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to enable effective and appropriate interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Establishes structured processes to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Demonstrates high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrates sound computer literacy across the range of Microsoft Office suite; including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Willingness to undertake a current Police Check and Working with Children Check
Note: Experience and/or tertiary studies in Business/HR or Allied Health (Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Rehabilitation, Exercise Science), and generalist HR experience is desirable but not essential.
St John offers a variety of benefits including tax free salary packaging options, wellness options, free breakfast and fruit, discount cards, participation in innovation projects, career development, internal team building programs, leadership programs, training opportunities and an active social club.
Please apply by attaching your current Resume and Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria and follow the link below. Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
St John Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as an organisation that regularly works with children, St John believes that all children have the right to be emotionally and physically safe at all times. St John is committed to identifying, mitigating and managing risk to children through a preventative and risk management approach.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: OHS and Injury Management Business Partner via Pro Bono Australia.