About the role
Contribute to the quality of life for older people and those living with a disability. Join a well-established company going through a period of significant growth and provide support to a regular portfolio of customers.
- Competitive pay rates, paid weekly
- Flexible roster
- Coordinators available to assist 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Work available in a wide variety of areas across the ACT
About the role
As demand for HenderCare services has increased in the community and residential care facilities, we are now in the fortunate position of being able to take on more Personal Care Workers to help meet this demand.
With a focus on delivering care and providing support, the successful candidates may assist our customers with a combination of the following day-to-day activities depending on the customer’s unique care needs:
- Help with meal preparation
- Assistance with personal care activities
- Light domestic duties
- Transport to medical appointments and social engagements
- Respite and social support
- Assistance with eating
At HenderCare we aim to deliver services wherever there is customer need. As a result, we are constantly looking for workers across a range of areas. These areas currently include:
- Torrens and surrounding areas
Skills and Experience
At HenderCare we pride ourselves on recruiting the best people within the care industry. Our ideal candidate will:
- be personable and have a flair for working with people
- have experience in the health and community sector (desired)
- be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- possess great time management skills
The following qualifications and clearances are also required:
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Individual Support, Aged Care, Disability or equivalent
- current HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Certificate
- current HLTAID001 Provide CPR Certificate
- current Manual Handling Certificate
- current National Police and Working With Vulnerable People (WWVP) clearances
- reliable transport
Benefits & Culture
We offer our Personal Care Workers competitive pay rates, paid weekly. In addition to this, we also provide a supportive working environment where we deliver ongoing professional development and training to help you be the best you can be. Feel supported and part of a team making a positive difference in our community.
About the organisation
At HenderCare, we give our all for health and community care. Established in 2004, we employ around 1500 people nationally and have offices across Australia. Specialising in home support for older people and people with disabilities, we are known for offering great working conditions for our staff and delivering a high quality of care to our customers. Currently going through a period of expansion, there has never been a better time to join our team.
How to apply for this role
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply ' button below. For a confidential discussion about the role, please call our HR Team on 1300 764 433.
Please quote in application: Personal Care Worker (ACT) via Pro Bono Australia.