About the role
The Program Coordinator has two key responsibilities: Coordination of the A+ program and providing support in Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (DMEL).
For the A+ Program
- Coordination of the Malawi and Tanzania Integrated Community Development Program which includes technical support to improve the quality of the program, monitoring progress, ensuring reports are satisfactory, disbursing funds to partners and managing day to day advice on the program.
- Respond to all requests for information from the International Programs team and the wider agency.
For the DMEL role
- Responsibility for providing Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning support to the Africa group which may involve assisting the Africa team in the design of Monitoring and Evaluation frameworks, reviewing evaluations, baselines, gender, child protection and disability audits, and program designs.
- Support team members on a 1-1 basis with any queries they may have related to DMEL. Furthermore, the role is expected to work closely with the Program Effectiveness Accountability and Learning (PEAL) group and proactively contribute to teamwide efforts to improving DMEL practices across the International Programs team.
You will thrive and be successful in this role if you have:
- Tertiary qualifications in international development or other relevant discipline
- Proven extensive experience working in international development with a strong focus on program management, DMEL and capacity building
- Demonstrated experience in the design of programs with a focus on co-developing participatory programs with stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in program planning, reporting, monitoring, evaluation and financial management
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills including experience in cross cultural communication
- An understanding of and willingness to work within the Catholic ethos
About the organisation
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
How to apply for this role
To apply for this role, please visit https://www.caritas.org.au/jobs and view the full Position Description. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday 22nd July 2019 with a subject line which indicates the role title and channel through which you found the ad (e.g. Program Coordinator (A+ Program and DMEL) via PRObono).
Applications must specify Australian residency or work visa status and include a CV, Cover Letter and responses to the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description.
For further information please contact Ivy Khoury – 0400 563 808
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
Please quote in application: Program Coordinator (A+ Program and DMEL ) Africa via Pro Bono Australia.