About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time, ongoing position based at our Windsor (Melbourne) office
- Senior management position leading teams within the Out of Home Care program
About the opportunity
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for a Program Leader to join our Out of Home Care program on a full time basis. The position is based at our Windsor (Melbourne) office, with travel to other sites across the south east suburbs as required.
Reporting to the Divisional Manager, this role is responsible for the leadership and management of the following services:
- Permanent Care
- Concurrent Care
- Adoption Information Service
- Enhanced Therapeutic Contact Service
- Access to Early Learning
The incumbent will also be the Principal Officer of the Adoption Program and so will also have responsibilities as guardian of children relinquished for adoption, until the guardianship is transferred to the adoptive parents through an Adoption Order.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification, knowledge and experience in community development, social services, early years, child and family welfare or equivalent.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification in a separate document to be uploaded as part of your application:
- Summarise your experience in leadership roles within the community services sector
- Provide examples of how you have applied contemporary people management practices in leading and managing multidisciplinary team leaders and teams
- Describe your understanding of acts and regulations relevant to the Out of Home Care Sector, including Child Protection
- Provide an overview of your knowledge and applied use of theoretical approaches and frameworks most relevant to working with children and families in out-of-home care situations
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Uniting offers employees:
- A comprehensive range of professional development opportunities
- Reflective practice and supportive supervision
- Career options through a wide range of programs and locations
- Family friendly workplace practices
- More take home pay through charity level salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum via Paywise salary packaging
How to apply for this role
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today.
- Applications at: https://connections.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=g6ROIg/Dy6k=&jbc=ere
- You will be asked to upload your resume and a covering letter with your responses to the questions above. We recommend that you provide examples that show the range, scale and complexity of your experiences.
Applications close Monday 29 July 2019
Get in touch
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Please quote in application: Program Leader – Out of Home Care via Pro Bono Australia.