About the role
Sydney – North Ryde
- Play a pivotal role in a well-respected Christian global mission charity.
- Full-time permanent role
In order to fulfill the African Enterprise vision, the purpose of this role is to increase the giving of funds from Australia and New Zealand to Africa through increased engagement and support of donors, prayer partners and organisational advocates. If you are keen to work with a small focused and passionate team, read on.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for;
- Marketing and communications with mission partners to strengthen relationships.
- Fundraising including workplace giving programs, the bequest program, on-line opportunities, campaigns and mailouts using insights gained from supporter database content and analysis.
- Identifying grant opportunities, writing grant submissions and managing grant reporting
- Overseeing supporter care through the application of best practice processes, continuous improvement, training of staff and good communication with supporters.
- Acquire new partners and supporters through proactive communications appropriate for African Enterprise.
- Development and support of a committed volunteer base.
- A relevant degree or diploma in a related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising in the charitable sector.
- Proven results of fundraising initiatives.
- Aligned to the values of AE and Lausanne Covenant and an active member of a church.
- Ability to travel and work out of hours as required.
Please note: The successful applicant will need a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
About the organisation
African Enterprise (AE) vision is to be a catalyst for effective urban evangelism in Word and Deed in partnership with the church. The community of AE is represented by teams in 10 different countries in Africa and 7 support teams around the globe of which Australia and New Zealand are one. Today AE has teams in Ghana, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi and Ethiopia.
The heart of AE in Australia and New Zealand is our valued donors, volunteers, prayer partners and mission partners with which AE Australia and New Zealand connect to AE’s global vision.
How to apply for this role
To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Ben Campbell, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This MUST include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation).
Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Ben Campbell.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 31st July 2019, unless filled prior to this date.
Please quote in application: Relationship and Fundraising Officer – African Enterprise via Pro Bono Australia.