About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time position based in Windsor (Melbourne) with outreach down to Frankston
- Step up into a senior social work role supporting vulnerable children and their families
About the opportunity
We are seeking a senior Social Worker for a position as Senior Family Services Practitioner based in Windsor, with outreach as far as Frankston. The position is full time on a maximum term basis until 30 June 2020, with regular opportunities for extension or transfer across Uniting.
This role will work with families who are on either Reunification Orders or Family Preservation Orders and are case managed by Child Protection. They will be responsible for completing assessments for children and families using the “Best Interests” framework.
With clients, they will develop Family Action Plans, Safety Plans and make referrals to other services. They will use their skills in medium to long term case management, therapeutic case work, advocacy and support to client families.
Uniting offers employees:
- A comprehensive range of professional development opportunities
- Reflective practice and supportive supervision
- Career options through a wide range of programs and locations
- Family friendly workplace practices
- More take home pay through charity level salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum via Paywise salary packaging
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification in a separate document to be uploaded as part of your application:
- Summarise your knowledge and use of the Child Youth & Family Act 2005 and Best Interest Principles
- Summarise your knowledge and applied use of theoretical approaches and frameworks relevant to working with children and families
- Describe a challenging time you had in actively engaging with a family
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Family Services Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.