About the role
The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare (The Centre) is the peak body for children, youth and families in Victoria representing over 150 community service organisations, students and individuals throughout Victoria. The Centre works across services from prevention and early intervention to the provision of out-of-home care and advocates for children and young people to be heard, to be safe and to access education.
Benefits & Culture
- Generous salary packaging provisions
- Additional annual leave
- Professional development and ongoing training
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Operations & Finance and working closely with senior management, you will support the organisation through providing reliable timely and accurate financial information and contemporising accounting operations.
The role entails-
- preparation of financial reports, grant acquittals, statutory returns and reconciliations
- producing monthly reports for internal stakeholders, budget reviews and forecasting
- processing of day to day financial transactions and system accounting.
High levels of autonomy, maturity, attention to detail and not for profit experience are essential for this role and collaboration is key.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need:
- Sound community sector financial accounting knowledge
- Program and project costing experience and determining workflow precedence
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding environment with competing priorities
- Stakeholder management, management reporting and team collaboration skills
- Relevant tertiary or professional qualifications in finance or accounting.
If you would like to use your community sector finance skills and experience to contribute to providing equitable services across the family and children’s sector please forward your application in MS Word format including your resume and cover letter. Early applications are encouraged.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Senior Finance Officer via Pro Bono Australia.