About the role
Position: Senior Project Coordinator – Zero Tolerance Initiative (National)
Reports to: National Practice Lead – Zero Tolerance Initiative
Direct Reports: 0
Status: Full time, 38 hours per week (5 days). Fixed term contract ending 30 June 2020
NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing over 1,000 non-government service providers. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’s members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations, and are located in every State and Territory across Australia. NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
The NDIS Commission is investing through the ‘Support for NDIS Providers Program’ in a range of activities to assist providers to understand and engage with their responsibilities to NDIS participants and the Commission under the new quality and safeguarding arrangements.
The Commission has contracted NDS to undertake a number of activities to support providers and their staff. The focus of this project will be a range of professional development and learning activities in all jurisdictions (detailed below) and a complementary program of online activities to support the engagement to these activities of people in regional and remote areas.
The Senior Project Coordinator role will work as part of the Zero Tolerance team and report to the National Practice Lead – Zero Tolerance Initiative. The role will support the co-ordination of National project deliverables which include:
- Communities of Practice Leadership to support the professional development of behaviour support practitioners in every state/territory.
- Workshops in ‘Recognising Restrictive Practices’ and ‘the NDIS Code of Conduct’ in every state/territory.
- Development of a program of a supporting online resources and workshops for workers and service providers
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Engagement and ongoing relationship management responsibilities for a range of stakeholders including funding agencies, those involved in focus groups and working groups informing the development of resources, potential registrants in project activities, event venue staff and technical support providers for online activities among others;
- Responsibility for all aspects of the event management of:
- Communities of Practice Leadership, held quarterly, in every capital city;
- 14-15 half-day workshops in every capital city and a regional centre in every state/territory on ‘Recognising Restrictive Practices’;
- 14-15 half-day workshops in every capital city and a regional centre in every state/territory on the ’NDIS Code of Conduct’;
- Production of online activities associated with the preceding accountabilities.
The Project Coordinator will assist with the establishment of these activities and support ongoing correspondence amongst participants and other stakeholders;
- Assist with the coordination and administration of the project as required;
- Other duties as required.
- Understanding of contemporary issues relating to human rights, safeguarding and the abuse and neglect of people with disability
- Strong project co-ordination skills and proven capacity to plan and coordinate projects with attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and superior time management skills;
- High level consultation, communication and interpersonal skills with the demonstrated capacity to engage successfully with a range of external and internal stakeholders to achieve results;
- A high level of computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience of webinar production and the use of telecommunications applications to facilitate adult communication and learning will be highly valued;
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Interested applicants should send a cover letter relating their experience to each of the Key Attributes, together with their resume, to:
Human Resources Manager
Ph: (02) 9256 3104
Fax: (02) 9256 3123
Closing date is 19th July 2019
NDS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disability.
Please quote in application: Senior Project Coordinator – Zero Tolerance Initiative (National) via Pro Bono Australia.