About the role
- Position: Full time position, 12-month Contract
- Location: Preston
- Salary: $85,000-$100,000k (based on skill and experience)
This is a new position, within a growing team in VACCA. You will be required to support the development of VACCA’s evidence-informed practice by designing and implementing a range of internal evaluations. You will also assist programs to develop program logics and theories of change, design and implement internal evaluations, including development of data collection tools, support programs to collect data, conduct data collection activities as required, analyse data and support program reflection based on evaluation findings.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose; awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people; demonstrated knowledge of or experience in culturally competent evaluation practice; and understanding of transformative approaches to evaluation
- Evaluation practice – applying evaluation standards; working ethically; respecting all stakeholders; contributing to the evaluation knowledge base
- Systematic inquiry -knowledge of evaluation theory and approaches; knowledge of or experience in culturally competent evaluation practice; understanding of transformative approaches to evaluation; understanding of quantitative and qualitative methods, and mixed methods; knowledge of how to conduct a literature review; experience in developing data collection tools
- Situation analysis – development of program descriptions, ability to assess program evaluability, stakeholder analysis; analysing organisational and political context
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice, and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people
How to apply for this role
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, please visit www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai on 927 8835.
Applications deadline is Friday, 30 August 2019
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job go to: http://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4801829.
Please quote in application: Senior Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.