About the role
VincentCare Victoria is seeking a person to take on the position of Senior Engagement Worker who has experience and qualifications to work from a client centred approach with homeless, and/or marginalized single adults within the new Ozanam House accommodation and Homeless Resource Centre. This position has a focus on assertive engagement, team development and collaboration and is seeking a person with experience in supporting people who are at risk, or experiencing homelessness.
The Senior Engagement Worker will work within a multi-faceted team based at the new Ozanam House redevelopment and has a primary focus on supporting clients within the Homeless Resource centre and accommodation units. The redevelopment brings together a suite of homeless services together in one building providing a range of support to people aged over 18yrs. The accommodation on site encompasses 60 crisis accommodation beds, 48 transitional units and 26 Independent Living Units for people experiencing homelessness.
The role provides line management oversight of the Engagement team and incorporates the responsibility for data collection and reporting related to service delivery, leading team meetings and reflective practice, and staff supervision. The Engagement teams focus is to provide unconditional positive regard and develop genuine, non-judgemental and predictable relationships with people through their journey of crisis, recovery and growth. A strong service delivery focus of engagement and participation to support people in their recovery journey out of homelessness is the core work of the team.
About the organisation
VincentCare Victoria is an award winning organisation established to provide a range of accommodation and support services to people that are facing disadvantage throughout metropolitan and regional Victoria.
Our aspiration is to be the leader in providing care, hope and advocacy for those facing disadvantage. Our purpose is to create opportunities and lasting change for the most marginalised. VincentCare is well equipped to provide a continuum of services that effectively meet the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
Inner Melbourne Community Hub provides a range of accommodation and support services, including crisis accommodation, drug and alcohol case management, and adult outreach.
Working with VincentCare:
A key strategic priority is attracting and retaining skilled and committed employees aligned to our values. VincentCare has over three hundred dedicated, talented and enthusiastic staff working across a range of programs and services and offers a number of benefits including:
- Career Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging
- Choice of Superannuation fund
- Family friendly and flexibility
- Study leave
- The Ozanam Scholar Bursary
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to the principles of social justice and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or religion.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated understanding of the range of needs and issues affecting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, including those who identify as LGBTI, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and the homelessness sector.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict and challenging behaviours
- Experience of delivering and supporting a high standard of staff supervision across a range of duties and disciplines
- Experience in direct service delivery within the human services field.
- An empowering approach, demonstrating flexibility and initiative, in working with homeless individuals
- Able to lead a staff team with energy and enthusiasm, fostering a positive and loyal approach to the service and the broader goals of VincentCare Victoria Community Services
- Excellent communication skills, including knowledge of conflict resolution.
- Ability and commitment to be available to work a rotating roster, providing 16 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year staff coverage, as required.
- Evidenced administrative accuracy and detail, including timely data entry.
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence is required.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Worker Engagement via Pro Bono Australia.