About the role
- Are you passionate about improving Mental Health and Suicide Prevention outcomes?
- Do you have experience in the Mental Health and/or Suicide Prevention field?
- Do you have strong stakeholder engagement skills and an interest in developing and implementing innovative Mental Health models of care?
Support the implementation and expansion of suicide prevention service, as well as other Commonwealth funded mental health services in our region.
- 12 months maximum term
- Located in a modern office at Heatherton
- Involves some travel within the region
- Apply ASAP
About the role
The successful candidate will be flexible and a confident self-starter, with excellent project management skills, an ability to engage with and build strong relationships with diverse stakeholders, and with experience/education in the Mental Health and/or Suicide Prevention sector.
You will join a cohesive, supportive Service Development team. This role will focus on supporting Suicide Prevention services and you will work closely with providers as new innovative approaches to delivering mental health services within our region are commissioned.
The Service Development Officer works with internal and external stakeholders to:
- support the implementation of all aspects of the Commissioning Framework – strategic purchasing, monitoring and evaluation of health and related services.
- collaboratively support the commissioning of health care services through phases of strategic and project planning;
- identify gaps in health services; and
- develop new models of care.
Qualifications, Skills and experience
To be successful in this fantastic opportunity you must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications; or equivalent relevant experience in the Mental Health and/or Suicide Prevention sector.
- Previous experience in the suicide prevention and/or mental health fields.
- Established contract management and stakeholder relationship skills.
- Demonstrated experience in health and community service programs.
- Experience in working with a range of health care providers including General Practices, nurses, and Allied Health Providers and consumers.
- Demonstrated experience working with project management frameworks.
- Proven ability to identify innovative solutions and influence outcomes.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills with the ability to analyse issues and provide advice upon which decisions can be based.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing, negotiating and engaging positively with a diverse range of stakeholders to achieve improved outcomes.
- Stakeholder relationship management skills to support effective systems change with improved health outcomes.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
About the organisation
As one of six Primary Health Networks (PHNs) in Victoria, we are a 'for-benefit' social enterprise working on behalf of the Federal Government to improve local health care.
We want everyone in our community to be able to access the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
We work to achieve this goal by improving access to existing services, commissioning new services to improve health outcomes and encouraging General Practitioners and other primary health care providers to innovate and further improve local health care.
There are around 1.5million residents in our catchment, which stretches from St Kilda to Sorrento, and as far east as Bunyip, including the major population hubs of Clayton, Dandenong, Moorabbin, Caulfield, Cranbourne, Frankston and Pakenham.
Our seven key priority areas are mental health, alcohol and other drugs, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, population health, health workforce, digital health and aged care.
How to apply for this role
Benefits of working with SEMPHN
- Generous leave and salary packaging entitlements
- Comprehensive Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program
- Ample car parking is available
How to apply
To view the position description please visit http://www.semphn.org.au/careers
For further information please contact Lori Schell on 03 8514 4435
Please email your application to email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in the role and our organisation, however only those applicants shortlisted will be contacted.
SEMPHN promotes a workplace that values fairness, respect and social and cultural diversity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from different cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please quote in application: Service Development Officer (Suicide Prevention) via Pro Bono Australia.