About the role
The Commonwealth Home Support Program Social Worker role has been created to engage older people in the community who may be experiencing or at risk of homelessness and disadvantage, to improve or maintain their Mental Health, Physical Health, wellbeing and independence.
The role will perform a critical function for many older people who may be excluded from mainstream health services, social supports and opportunities, which impacts their functioning and independence in the community.
About the organisation
VincentCare Victoria is an award winning organisation established to provide a range of accommodation and support services to people that are facing disadvantage throughout metropolitan and regional Victoria.
Our aspiration is to be the leader in providing care, hope and advocacy for those facing disadvantage. Our purpose is to create opportunities and lasting change for the most marginalised. VincentCare is well equipped to provide a continuum of services that effectively meet the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
Northern Community Hub provides integrated services in the community housing sector, along with family violence services, case management services and youth outreach services.
Working with VincentCare:
A key strategic priority is attracting and retaining skilled and committed employees aligned to our values. VincentCare has over three hundred dedicated, talented and enthusiastic staff working across a range of programs and services and offers a number of benefits including:
- Career Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging
- Choice of Superannuation fund
- Family friendly and flexibility
- Study leave
- The Ozanam Scholar Bursary
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to the principles of social justice and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or religion.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work; eligible for AASW Registration
- Minimum 2 years’ experience practicing as a Social Worker
- Experience creating personalised plans with clients which are strengths based, effective, holistic and owned by the client
- Experience working with older people, or people who have prematurely aged due to a lived experience of homelessness
- Experience working within a Primary Health setting
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Worker via Pro Bono Australia.