About the role
Reporting to the CEO, you will oversee the operations of contracted programs in accordance with VACRO’s requirements. The State Manager – Support Services provides strong and effective leadership to program staff and Managers to ensure the quality delivery of services which meet KPIs. This involves management of human resources, budgets and finances, contractual compliance and risk.
Key selection criteria
Qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or similar. Business or management qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising front line managers, and mentoring and engaging with teams who work with complex clients.
- Experience in building strategic partnerships, developing and evaluating program models, and successfully operationalising innovative programs.
- Highly developed interpersonal, conflict resolution and problem solving skills to resolve organisational issues, and develop and manage good stakeholder relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of the criminal justice sector and the complex issues relating to people who have been in contact with the Victorian justice system, particularly those who are socially disadvantaged and have been incarcerated.
- Proficient in managing budgets and using technology as a management reporting tool.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
What we offer
VACRO is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to staff wellbeing. We provide extensive on-boarding training and ongoing professional development for staff, amongst other benefits. This role is classified at Level 7 (depending on qualifications and experience) SCHCADS 2010 Award.
About the organisation
VACRO is a non-government, non-denominational organisation providing support and information for individuals charged with a criminal offence, offenders, and their families. VACRO also provides leadership, education, training and research on the justice system for the community.
How to apply for this role
The position description is available above and on our website at www.vacro.org.au under “Careers”.
In your application, please address the key selection criteria in this advertisement and include a current Resume.
Direct any enquiries or forward your application to email@example.com by 9.00am on Monday 22 July 2019.
Please quote in application: State Manager – Support Services via Pro Bono Australia.