About the role
CMY seeks a Team Leader who will be responsible for implementing strategic coordination in Gippsland to promote migrant and refugee young people’s participation. The Team Leader will provide strategic leadership and support for regional networks and projects. This position will resource other services, providing advice and training where required.
The Team Leader will offer key support and supervision for other CMY Gippsland staff, assisting them to prioritise and undertake their work with young people, families and the community.
- Hours: 30.4 hours (4 days) per week
- Fixed Term: until 30 June 2020
- Base Salary (SCHADS 6 ) : $83,000+ per annum (pro rata), plus Super and Access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Morwell Office
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00 pm, Monday 15 July 2019
You will have
- Demonstrated experience in assessing needs within migrant and refugee communities and a sound understanding of community development and youth participation/ethical youth work practices.
- Strong commitment to working across Gippsland to support migrant and refugee young people feel connected to the community
- Demonstrated success in managing stakeholders with an ability to motivate, influence and collaborate as a partner.
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and staff support.
- Well-developed organisational skills and demonstrated experience in project management.
For more information
About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader – Gippsland (CMY16) via Pro Bono Australia.