About the role
- role in the implementation of the new model of Intensive Therapeutic Care (OOHC)
- Help young people successfully make the transition to independence and adulthood
- Program locations on the Central Coast and in Sydney’s Northern Suburbs
- Enjoy great benefits, proactive self-care, salary packaging and a strong team environment that is growing and changing daily!
- Full Time Position
The Therapeutic Supported Independent Living (TSIL) program is designed to help young people make the transition from a care environment into independent living and self-reliance.
Young people in the program are given the opportunity to learn how to manage rent, the payment of bills, budgeting, employment and education, while also continuing to receive a level of support from a case manager, youth workers and a living skills worker.
The TSIL Supervisor
In this role you will have responsibility for supervising and coordinating the TSIL locations and the TSIL team. Working closely with the care team, including a therapeutic specialist, intake and assessment worker and case manager, you will be a part of a client mix panel, conduct interviews for the program, conduct risk assessments, manage tenancy agreements for the young people, and oversee the Living Skills Program ensuring young people are participating in line with their contractual agreement.
With the support and direction of the Manager ITC, you will be guided by the therapeutic care and use your energy and practical leadership approach to:
- Provide mentoring and support to your team, ensuring they have the right tools to create positive change;
- Be responsible for rostering, house budgets and accounts, safeguarding, risk and WHS, and overseeing reporting and documentation;
- Develop a collaborative and accountable team through your focus on strengths-based solutions-focused supervision, reflective practice, self-care, performance and achievement of outcomes.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Social Welfare, including electives on trauma, OR
- Relevant Diploma and Graduate Certificate or significant training in Developmental Trauma, Statutory Child Protection, or Client Intervention and Case Management.
- Demonstrated experience in working with high risk or vulnerable children and young people in an out of home care environment;
- Strong background in leading a small team using contemporary approaches;
- Experience supervising staff across multiple locations is preferred
As TSIL Supervisor you may work across any of our locations on the Central Coast and in Northern Sydney and some local travel will be required. Flexibility to be rostered to work as part of the house roster, to work after hours and at weekends and to undertake on-call duties is required for these roles.
About the organisation
Working at CatholicCare
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a strength’s-based employer with low turnover, great work benefits, proactive self-care initiatives and in a great team environment making a difference to families, children and young people in the community.
- Regular reflective and practice supervision opportunities.
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being.
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support.
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits (for permanent staff).
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: TSIL Supervisor Out of Home Care via Pro Bono Australia.