About the role
We are recruiting an experienced RTO VET Administration Team Leader to guide and oversee the compliance framework of Jesuit Community College. The ideal candidate will ensure effective quality and compliance systems are in place and our RTO is always ready for audits.
This role is full time, based in our Collingwood office.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of student data which is entered and reported through our Student Management System AXcelerate. The role will ensure on-going compliance against ASQA and VET Funding Contract (Skills First) and ACFE requirements. The role will also be responsible for ensuring the correct claiming of government funding for training delivery.
Key objectives of the Position:
- Significant experience in leading a small administration to ensure both compliance requirements and data entry accuracy timelines were met.
- Significant experience supporting the maintenance of the RTO compliance frameworks including ASQA registration, extension to scope and Skills First funding requirements.
- Ensure the RTO remains compliant by adhering to industry standards
Key Selection Criteria:
- Understanding of VET Quality Framework, ASQA, Skills First Funding and Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Agreement requirements
- 3+ years RTO/Education administration experience
- Good understanding of and commitment to, compliance requirements against relevant funding contracts
- Student management and AVETMISS system knowledge
- A high level of proficiency in AXcelerate usage, utilisation and reporting functions would be highly regarded.
- Ability to adapt to change and manage complex systems
- Supportive and a team player with the ability to mentor staff and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Capacity to fulfil reporting and administrative requirements associated with the position
- Understanding and sympathy with the mission and ethos of Jesuit Social Services
- Current driver’s licence
- Valid Working with Children Check card
An attractive salary plus salary packaging is offered, together with ongoing professional and career development.
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, we’ve provided services in some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
About the program
Jesuit Community College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), offering nationally recognised vocational education and training, non-accredited training, professional and personal development programs and community development programs. Education and training activity is built around three key areas - Skills for Learning, Skills for Earning and Skills for Volunteering.
The College places high priority on helping people whose education has been interrupted to develop foundation skills - basic literacy, numeracy and communication skills – as a key to social and economic inclusion. For people facing barriers to learning, it sparks hope, aspiration and interest in education, provides a solid foundation for further study and connection to a ‘community of learning’.
We work with other education providers, community organisations, agencies, businesses, volunteer mentors and government to support all students through transitions into, through and out of, the College and offers them direct pathways to further study, work or meaningful and fulfilling participation in the community.
How to apply for this role
For a copy of the the position description and to apply, please visit our website www.jss.org.au.
Applicants are asked to respond to the selection criteria in the Position Description – this response should be submitted within the body of your covering letter. Please also include the names and contact numbers of two referees.
Please apply in confidence.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 19th July 2019.
Applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date and may be subject to change without notice.
Jesuit Social Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a family friendly working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please quote in application: VET Administration Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.