About the role
- Join us at CatholicCare!
- Be part of the implementation of the new model of Intensive Therapeutic Care (OOHC)
- Multiple Youth Worker roles available
- Locations on the Central Coast and in Sydney’s Northern Suburbs
- Enjoy great benefits, proactive self-care, salary packaging and a strong team environment.
- Full-time and Part-time positions available
Known previously as Out of Home Care, CatholicCare’s Permanency Support Program (PSP) has started on a new and exciting journey implementing Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) services on the Central Coast and in Sydney’s northern suburbs to support children and young people in our care who have experienced trauma and neglect.
Intensive Therapeutic Care provides an alternative to the long-term residential model of care, focusing on recovery from trauma, the achievement of positive life outcomes and a broad range of placement options for children and young people.
Reporting to a House Supervisor and with responsibility for each young person’s day to day care and support, your role as Youth Worker will proactively contribute to the achievement of each young person’s case plan supporting them to develop their personal and life skills. Vital to your success in this role are your:
- Ability to build rapport with and motivate young people;
- Knowledge of child protection and experience working with young people;
- Ability to role model appropriate behaviours;
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills, and the ability to manage challenging behaviours and situations;
- Tenacity and resilience;
- Commitment to learning and continuous improvement;
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Variety of leisure pursuits and interests
To support your sound knowledge of the impact of abuse and neglect on children and young people and your understanding of child and adolescent development, you will have:
- At least 3 years experience working in a Youth Worker position;
- Completed atleast a Certificate III or IV in Community Services, with the commitment to complete a Diploma in Community Services after commencing employment (if you have not obtained Diploma Level qualification). Please refer to our New Exciting Opportunity below for more information.
- A valid NSW Driver’s Licence
- A Current Working With Children clearance
- A Current First Aid Certificate; as well as
- Other requirements specified on the attached Position Description.
You may work across any of our sites on the Central Coast and in Northern Sydney. Youth Workers operate on a 24/7 roster which include nights, weekends and public holidays – including sleepovers and awake shifts.
Permanent Full-time Part Time Youth Worker positions are available.
About the organisation
Working at CatholicCare
NEW Exciting Opportunity
Catholic Care is offering successful candidates, who have not yet completed a Diploma level of education, the opportunity to complete their Diploma of Community Services while working with us. You will be expected to complete this within your first 18 months of employment with Catholic Care to meet our program’s policy requirements. Conditions apply.
We can also offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a strength’s-based employer with great work benefits, proactive self-care initiatives and in a great team environment making a difference to families, children and young people in the community.
- Regular reflective and practice supervision opportunities.
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being.
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support.
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits (for permanent staff).
How to apply for this role
If you also feel you reflect our organisational values of Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice and if you have strong youth engagement skills combined with high levels of professionalism, ethical behaviour and sound understanding of professional boundaries, we want to hear from you!
Complete your work history & education information on the application page, answer a series of questions and submit your application. You are welcome to include any qualifications, certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Apply Now via the following link:
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please
Please quote in application: Youth worker - permanency support program via Pro Bono Australia.