About the role
CMY seeks an Accountant/ Senior Finance Officer who will be responsible for implementing and supporting a range of financial tasks to ensure the accuracy and integrity of its financial systems and payroll information, whilst ensuring CMY is compliant with all legislative and taxation requirements. In addition, the role will be responsible for reporting and analysis support for CMY including the preparation of the annual budget, monthly financial reports and annual reports and audit.
- Hours: 0.8 FTE, Part Time
- Fixed Term: Part Time until 31 January 2020, with the possibility of extension or ongoing
- Salary Range (SCHADS 5 to SCHADS 6): $76,767 – $83,742 annual salary (pro rata), Package (Base Salary + Super + Salary Packaging)
- Location: Carlton
- Applications Close: Monday 26 August 2019, 5:00 pm
You will have
- Demonstrated ability to prepare financial statements including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow from source data;
- Strong IT skills, in particular with HR3, MYOB, Excel and Office;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write concise and clear management accounting reports and a knowledge of the business reporting system;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines, whilst maintain accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to anticipate and analyse non-routine issues, develop options and provide resolution to issues; and
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end payroll function.
For more information
About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Accountant / Senior Finance Officer CMY167 via Pro Bono Australia.