About the role
- Position within an organisation that offers a traditionof support and care
- Chance to join an organisation that is making a difference
- Part-time position of 38 hours per fortnight contracted to 30 June 2020
- Based in Gladstone, QLD
About the Role
The position available will provide reception, administrative and scheduling support to the NDIS Local Area Coordination (LAC) PITC program team and will provide information and support to participants, families and carers, operating as their first point of contact with the organisation.
- Demonstrated experience providing reception and administrative support in an office environment.
- Excellent phone manner and accurate data entry skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products and general office equipment.
- A commitment to supporting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities. (Lived experience will be highly regarded.)
- High-level communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including families of participants).
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality and contribute positively to a workplace environment.
- References and suitability clearance/s required by legislation.
- Advanced excel knowledge
- Data analysis experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Experience in busy reception area and office environment
- Demonstrated ability to calmly work on several priorities at one time
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children Check
What’s On Offer
As an employee of Carers Queensland, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, longlasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
You’ll be provided opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation. You will be given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
We offer an attractive remuneration package paying CSW2.1 $27.80 per hour, $55,114.79per annum pro rata) excluding Superannuation as well as salary packaging benefits.
About the organisation
Carers Queensland is the peak body representing carers throughout Queensland. They are proud to be Local Area Coordination Partners in the Community Program in partnership with the National Disability Insurance Agency and they seek to employ suitably qualified & experienced staff to assist people with disability, their families and carers to exercise choice and build a positive life in the Rockhampton Service Delivery Area.
How to apply for this role
The position description and the full key selection criteria are available via our website http://carersqld.com.au/job-vacancies . Submit your resume and a 2-page (maximum) application letter that addresses the key selection criteria to Lee-Anne Simpson, Area Manager, Rockhampton, Lee-Anne.Simpson@ndis.gov.au
Applications close on Thursday 29 August 2019 @ 5:00pm
Candidates must submit a completed application, responding to Key Selection Criteria, along with a copy of their resume, by the due date.
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients.
Please quote in application: Administration Officer via Pro Bono Australia.