About the role
Psychologist, Mental Health Accredited Social Worker or Mental Health Nurse
26 Hours per week.
Flexible to working in both Business Hours and After Hours
We are seeking a Psychologist, Social Worker or Mental Health Nurse who enjoys working with people of all ages and who has a passion for what they do! Your holistic approach to healthcare and commitment to working as a part of a multidisciplinary team will be highly valued.
Connect Health has been successful in providing Accessible Psychological Interventions (API) within the Mental Health Stepped Care Model of service delivery for high prevalence disorders (anxiety, depression etc) for the last 2 years.
We are now seeking a suitably qualified and experienced mental health practitioner to join our API program team. API provides services to people and their families.
- The duties of the position include delivery of evidence-based counselling interventions to individuals, couples and/or families.
- To provide professional consultations and ‘episodes of care’ in accordance with SEMPHN Operational Guidelines as defined as continuous sessions of professional consultation from first point of contact until discharge.
- Where required, to provide evidenced based psychological assessment and treatment to complex (category 2) clients such as children under 12, ATSI and CALD communities, persons experiencing homelessness, persons at risk of suicide, perinatal depression, person experiencing AOD issues and family violence.
- To plan and implement appropriate follow–up strategies, including referral to other team members or agencies as required.
- To write reports and formal recommendations on actions to be taken.
- Provision of individual, couples and family case work and therapeutic counselling to clients in a community-based, outreach and/or internet settings
For a confidential discussion, please contact:
Ms Effie Sougias, Senior Practitioner – Child Youth and Family
Phone: 9575 5310
To apply send your application letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: COB Friday 23rd August, 2019
Connect Health & Community recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people. Relevant screening and police checks will be conducted
About the organisation
Connect Health and Community is a progressive, not-for-profit community health service providing essential community health and welfare programs to residents in the south east, Melbourne Bayside areas. Our services include counselling, dental, diet and nutrition, problem gambling, psychological services, youth support, physiotherapy, podiatry, health promotion, social support, diabetes education, NDIS services, safe driving program, community transport, occupational therapy and speech pathology. We have a holistic approach to healthcare and commitment to the community.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: API Mental Health Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.