About the role
In 2020, the Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) will mark its 150th anniversary. In recognition of this major milestone, the RCH Foundation will present Me and UooUoo: The RCH150 Anniversary Art Trail.
This exciting part-time position will work with the RCH150 Program Director and the Art Trail Project Manager to deliver this event as a major fundraising component of the 150th year. The Artist Coordinator will manage the artist submission process and will assist in commissioning approximately 100 high-quality artistic designs from a range of artists. The position will also be required to work collaboratively with other staff across the RCH Foundation, contractors and volunteers to assist with production, marketing and administrative support to successfully deliver the Art Trail.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Extensive demonstrated experience in working as part of a team to manage and deliver projects within budget, schedule and quality parameters
- Demonstrated experience in project and production management of public arts (or similar) programs, festivals and events
- Demonstrated experience in working with painters and artists and understanding their specific requirements (experience working in a paint workshop or artist studio environment will be highly regarded)
- High level of Occupational and Workplace Health and Safety knowledge and acumen and a professional ability to identify and reduce related risks and hazards
- Proven ability to lead and manage volunteers, artists, interns, external consultants and contractors to deliver projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated interpersonal experience, successfully liaising and collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
- Commitment to the RCH and RCH Foundation’s values and a working style that reflects these
About the organisation
The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) Foundation is the fundraising arm of the RCH, one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals. The RCH Foundation has the vital role of raising, investing and distributing donated funds to the hospital.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Artist Coordinator – RCH150 via Pro Bono Australia.