About the role
About the Opportunity
EDVOS is seeking to appoint an Assistant Account to support the Finance Manager with a range of month end and year end processes. The position will be recruited on a twelve month fixed term contract, working part time (22.8 hours per week). Days may be negotiated between the successful candidate and the Finance Manager.
- Posting periodic and ad hoc journals.
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensuring that transactions are supported by tax invoices/RCTIs.
- Verifying that transactions have been posted accurately as regards account coding and GST.
- Monthly management reports.
- FBT data gathering.
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual and revised budgets.
- Reconciling the Flexible Support Packages accounts.
- The annual audit and financial statement preparations.
- Preparation of grant acquittals.
- Compliance with statutory requirements.
Essential to your success:
- A tertiary qualification in Finance or Accounting.
- CA/CPA qualified desirable.
- Experience in accounting and finance, preferably within a Not-For Profit/mid-size organization.
- Experience using QuickBooks/Reckon.
- Proficiency with GST/BAS & FBT.
- Strong computer skills, and proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite, in particular Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a busy environment, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- The capacity to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- A proactive and self-directed approach to work.
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. This position would be expected to be available to work across those hours of operation.
Salary for these positions will be aligned with SCHADS Level 6 + 9.5% super.
About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Assistant Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.