About the role
- Seeking expressions of interest for a number of independent Board Directors (paid appointments)
- Board meetings held monthly in Orange, expressions encouraged from across our footprint in regional NSW & QLD
- Be part of our for-purpose organisation, contribute toward making an impact in the lives of people living within our regional communities
About Independent Board Director Positions
To strengthen the skills and knowledge base of the existing board, our Board is seeking expressions of interest for a number of Director positions to commence in November 2019. These positions are paid Director appointments, with our Board meeting monthly at our Head Office, which is based in Orange, NSW.
Board members are responsible for ensuring governance and oversight of the services’ legal and financial accountability and statutory requirements, as well as compliance with funding deed requirements.
The LiveBettter Board is a skills-based Board. The skills and attributes required of directors can be broadly categorised into 3 areas:
- Professional Director Skills
- Industry Specific Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
LiveBetter aims to achieve a balanced Board with a diverse range of skills and attributes so applications will be considered within the context of the current Board skills matrix. The LiveBetter Board is keen to appoint skilled and experienced professionals on the committees of the board to assist in strengthening its role and functioning.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We are seeking passionate Board Directors from diverse backgrounds, who are proud to champion our values of integrity, respect, empowerment, cooperation and excellence. Whilst appointments to the Board are based upon merit, the Board as a whole aims to encompass diversity in experience, skills and perspectives.
Expressions of interest will be shortlisted based on knowledge, expertise and experience in a range of the following areas:
- Strategic IT and systems experience
- Financial & Legal acumen
- Marketing and Communications
- Primary Health Care and Aged/Disability Care
- Thorough understanding and connection to Regional and Remote Australia
- Key stakeholder relationships and management (including government and community)
- Ability to demonstrate professional behaviours commensurate with performance requirements for company directors along with commitment to sound governance practices
- Experienced Directors that are inclusive, strategic and familiar with board processes
Candidates wishing to develop skills as a company director may also be considered.
About the organisation
LiveBetter is a Not-For-Profit regionally based community service organisation that recognises the need for specialist service provision for the people of regional Australia. Delivering a range of aged, disability, carer, child and family, mental health and clinical services, LiveBetter takes a holistic approach to working with customers seeking to ensure that customer needs and preferences are met. As well as service delivery LiveBetter assists customers with information, linking and referrals to other services.
LiveBetter employs approximately 1700 staff operating in offices, homes, preschools, respite centres and community hubs across regional and rural Queensland and NSW. Working alongside our staff are more than 250 volunteers who provide extra support and services to our customers and communities. For further information about great things we do, please visit our website: https://livebetter.org.au/
How to apply for this role
Please provide a resume (max 2 pages) that clearly demonstrates how your skills, experience and qualifications would make you an ideal LiveBetter Board Director. Along with your resume, can you please also provide:
- A brief letter of introduction
- A brief description of the contribution you can make as a Board Director, making reference to the skills, knowledge and experience you will bring to the LiveBetter Board. (1000-word limit).
You will also be required to undertake and pass a National Criminal Check and obtain a NSW working with children check and/or QLD Blue Card.
Closing date: Tuesday 27 August 2019
Enquiries: Dr Peter Mangles, Board Chairperson – 0411 701 481
Applications to: Ms Nerissa Marat, Executive General Manager People & Culture via email email@example.com
Please quote in application: Board Directors via Pro Bono Australia.