About the role
Hours: Full Time
Status: Fixed term, 12-month contract with potential for ongoing (subject to funding).
Location: Sydney or Melbourne
How you will make an impact
The Business Development Manager is integral to AEF’s Strategic Goal of increasing energy efficiency and investment in renewable energy in Australia. You will inspire and influence to help build understanding and drive investment in renewable energy.
What you will do
- Implement the sales plan and generate further market share and revenue opportunities nationally.
- Engage in regular prospecting activity, including attending industry events and networking opportunities with key clients and prospects.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Customer team to create persuasive new pitches, marketing materials and presentations to engage and attract new customers.
- Planning and assessment of new opportunities including clear and documented internal consultation.
You will have:
- Outstanding communication, relationship building, initiative and interpersonal skills.
- Commercial acumen with experience in sales, business development and/or account management.
- Strong relationships with all levels of government.
- A mature approach to consultative selling with a positive attitude and a drive to succeed.
- Experience in a services environment.
- Experience in the renewable energy sector.
What’s in it for you
You will be surrounded by people who are driven by our vision of an equitable zero carbon society. In addition to contributing to making the world a better place, you will have access to:
- Financial incentives for sustainable commuting to work practices and end-of-trip facilities.
- A versatile work environment with flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
- Individual learning and development plans to assist in your career progression.
- Pet friendly work environment, with the ability to bring your dog to work.
- Additional annual leave options including paid leave over Christmas and the ability to purchase extra leave.
- A Health & Wellbeing Program with access to EAP.
- As we are a national company, there will also be opportunities for interstate travel.
AEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work with a diverse range of people and audiences at AEF. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other people of colour, people with a disability and people from the LGBTIQ community.
About the organisation
Who we are
The Australian Energy Foundation is leading the way to an equitable zero carbon society. We accelerate the energy transition by empowering communities to take action.
Through our energy expertise, tenacity, and partnerships, we:
- Demonstratethe pathways to a zero carbon society.
- Influence and inspireto build understanding, investment and action.
- Deliversolutions that have a positive impact.
We are practical visionaries; a national for-purpose organisation whose work benefits all Australians.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.