About the role
- Sydney CBD location
- One of the world’s leading humanitarian aid agencies
- Full time opportunity
- Generous salary packaging benefits available
Outline & Purpose of Role:
We are looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual, with strong analytical and organisational skills, to join our Business Intelligence Unit, which works closely with our business stakeholders to provide key organisational information through effective data initiatives and promotion of a data-aware organisational culture. This role is responsible for contributing to the evolving data requirements of the organisation by providing analysis, developing models, data mining and developing and maintaining reports to support fundraising requirements.
- Work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to satisfy their business intelligence requirements for analysis, report creation, data extracts, data mining and data modelling within a strong project management framework.
- Address data extract requirements for direct marketing campaigns with a high degree of service; develop and refine data selections, build and check extracts, manipulate data in preparation for bulk communications and update records with contact history.
- Build predictive models and segmentation models to answer key business questions and help with DM targeting
- Design and implement reporting & business intelligence solutions using a variety of tools including Power BI, or a similar reporting suite.
- Deliver analytics on the business critical objective of understanding how to maximise the value from our financial supporters; inclusive of optimizing the opportunity of moving supporters up the supporter pyramid and forecasting potential growth. This will be in the form of data mining, profile analysis, building analytical models and BI report authoring.
- Produce regular KPI reports e.g. Lead Indicators Report (LIR), National Growth Fund Report (NGF), Quarterly reforecast reports, etc.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes:
- Experience building models in spreadsheets. Comfortable writing formulas and VBA in Excel
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to convert a descriptive brief into a business intelligence/analytical solution
- Sound database knowledge (e.g. SQL)
- Strong SQL skills
- Tertiary qualifications in IT, Science, Maths, Accounting or quantitative course
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working with a relational database, ideally Raiser’s Edge or similar platform is desirable.
- Experience working within a SQL data warehouse environment highly desirable
About the organisation
Australia for UNHCR is an international aid agency that raises funds from Australian donors to support the humanitarian operations of the UN Refugee Agency. Established in 2000 as part of a global fundraising network it has now raised more than $160 million from a broad network of individuals, community and corporate partners.
How to apply for this role
If you are eager to help the plight of the world’s refugees, please send your resume, together with a concise cover letter telling us why you’re the right person for this opportunity, to email@example.com using the subject line: Business Intelligence Analyst via Probono
Please quote in application: Business Intelligence Analyst via Pro Bono Australia.