About the role
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Care Advisor to join our team. This role will focus on care solutions to enable our clients to achieve their goals, enhance their quality of life and support them to continue living at home independently. You will aim to make a positive difference to families, achieve clients satisfaction and build professional relationships internally and externally.
As the Home Care Packages Program Care Advisor, you will:
- Act as the key contact person and advocate for clients in facilitating the identification of goals and development of Care Plan
- In partnership with the client, develop a goal directed care plan, organise services, provide support and monitor services to ensure quality
- Respond to client’s assessed individual needs and preferences within budget
- Consider creative options and solutions that deliver exceptional client outcomes.
- Ensure that the delivery of services meet all associated funding agreement, legal standards and requirements.
- Maintain computer based and paper file documentation of assessments and care plans
- Monitor and maintain records of expenditure and ensure clients plans do not exceed budget allocations
- Maintain currency of skills and knowledge relevant to this position, including managing clients with complex needs and clients with special needs as identified in the Aged Care Act.
- Liaise with referring agencies, ACAS, local health provider and community services
- Represent AMCS at conferences, community forums and network meeting
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Degree in Social Work, Nursing, Diploma in Community Services, Case Management or equivalent
- Relevant experience in the planning, coordination and delivery of services to the frail aged and persons with disability in their own homes incl. care management skills, assessment, care planning and coordination and conflict management
- Demonstrated experience in budget monitoring
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills
- A current Victorian driver’s license
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge of an additional language (Filipino, Italian, Greek, Arabic or Polish) and an understanding of the cultural barriers faced by the elderly preferred but not necessary
Employment is subject to satisfactory criminal history prior to commencement of employment.
About the organisation
The Australian Multicultural Community Services (AMCS) is a community organisation with more than 30 years’ experience serving the multicultural community. We support seniors to live at home for as long as possible, helping them maintain their independence and connect to opportunities.
How to apply for this role
Please email written applications with a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and CV in a single document by close date to email@example.com, using the subject line: Care Advisor
Please quote in application: Care Advisor - Home Care Packages Program via Pro Bono Australia.