About the role
Anglicare Victoria provides foster care for children and young people who are temporarily unable to live at home. Anglicare Victoria Home Based Care programs play a vital role in protecting children and young people by ensuring they have a safe and nurturing home while their family cannot care for them. Regional programs have local Volunteer Recruitment Teams which are part of the wider Home Based Care (HBC) Programs, which work to recruit and retain foster carers as well as provide the required training and support to ensure volunteers have the skills required to undertake their role as foster carers.
This new position Program Lead OOHC Carer recruitment will lead service and practice development across all Regions / Divisions, ensuring a cohesive and unified brand and recruitment strategies for foster care recruitment at Anglicare Victoria.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and related substantial experience in Marketing, Social Work, Psychology or relevant behavioural sciences at degree level
- A proven track record in project management
- A proven track record in building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including the ability to lead, influence and work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in public relations, media liaison/engagement and social media
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and understanding of volunteer recruitment – in particular the needs, motivation & strategies required for recruitment of Out of Home Care Carers.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact positively with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and create a workplace culture based on cooperation, teamwork and common pursuit of organisational objectives.
- Understanding of the Community Services and Not for Profit Sector – in particular the principles and challenges of supporting vulnerable children & young people in Statutory Out of Home Care services
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
About the organisation
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Carer Recruitment Program Lead via Pro Bono Australia.