About the role
The Casework Coordinator position primarily provides Casework and program coordination and support to Casework service within the Client Services Program. This includes supervising volunteers, duty work and actively case working a range of clients with medium to high needs. The Casework Coordinator also provides support as required to other Client Services staff in the delivery of the overall program.
The Casework Program provides information, advice, advocacy, referral, and support to asylum seekers around a range of different issues including health, immigration, legal, social and recreational, financial, material aid, employment, education, and counselling. The Client Services Program provides support to approximately 1000 clients and works with asylum seekers through every stage of the refugee determination process. The Client Services Program works closely with other key stakeholders in Melbourne, including: the SRSS providers AMES and Life Without Barriers, as well as other community service providers. In addition to providing casework services, the Client Services program also undertakes networking, advocating and lobbying around unjust refugee policies and other issues affecting asylum seekers, i.e. Homelessness and Housing.
- Client Case Management
- Manage the Duty system
- Volunteer Induction, training, capacity building, mentoring & task focused supervision
- Monitoring and Evaluation and reporting
- Team meetings and team work
- Project work
- Relevant qualification in Social Work or a related professional discipline
- Experience in providing casework or support services to asylum seekers or high needs/ complex clients or clients who have experienced trauma (experience in housing, mental health and domestic violence also will be viewed favorably)
- Demonstrated experience undertaking triage, intake and assessment of clients
- Experience in identifying practice trends and in problem analysis
- Experience in providing a crisis response to clients and ability to undertake risk assessments
- Experience in volunteer management, including training, supervision and on-going support
- Knowledge of the policy context of practice with asylum seekers, and the potential effects on people seeking asylum
- Understanding of mental health issues experienced by asylum seekers
About the organisation
The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is the largest aid, employment, health and advocacy organisation for people seeking asylum in Australia. The ASRC provides a range of direct services as well as participating in law reform, campaigning and lobbying.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Casework Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.