About the role
We are looking for a confident High Care Support Worker in the Fremantle area to join our specialist Ventilator Dependant Quadriplegic (VDQ) care team on a casual basis. This team provides long term, around the clock assistance to a man living in Munster who would like an outgoing, respectful carer to join his team.
- Ventilator management, hoisting and personal care
- Providing clinical care
- Working in partnership with the person and their family to provide excellent well-rounded support.
What we require:
- Experience in disabilities (preferred) comprehensive training will also be provided
- Experience in ventilator management is desirable but not essential
- A current driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle are essential
- Strong values that align with those of Avivo
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and listening
- Must be available to attend core training sessions
- Availability to work across a range of days & times including overnight awake shifts and weekends.
In return, you will have access to some great benefits! Salary is a minimum rate of $27.75 per hour whilst training and then once deemed competent by our nurse consultants will increase to $34.05 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation. In addition to this, you will be paid travel time and kilometres and receive comprehensive training.
We value a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
About the organisation
Avivo is passionate about supporting people to live as valued citizens. We work in partnership with people to develop innovative and flexible supports that assist them to lead their lives as they choose. We support people who require individualised assistance to live at home due to disability, frailty or mental illness.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Casual High Care Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.