About the role
The Community Mental Health and AOD Worker provides a service that aims to enhance quality of life, build life skills and ensure access to both community mental health, AOD and broader health and community services. The role focuses on client service delivery through facilitative and direct care engagement using CRM, underpinned by the principles of trauma informed care, family centred practice and culturally appropriate practice. Alongside the CRM, HOMHS staff work under a clinical case management framework. The MH & AOD support worker will work from a harm minimisation approach providing links to specialist and holistic health services, targeted counselling support for those experiencing difficulties with their drug use and hold a level of expertise in AOD support and education for clients and the broader team.
Our ideal candidate for this candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant sector and/or commensurate experience in a related area;
- A good understanding of the key issues affecting people with multiple and complex needs including mental illness, alcohol and other drug issues, housing insecurity, health and safety issues and social connection;
- A minimum of two years experience in the provision of a high standard of client-centred, evidence based short to medium term support for the target population;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience working in the AOD sector, or in working effectively with people with AOD issues; and
- An ability to communicate and model a vision that generates respect, enthusiasm and commitment.
So why cohealth?
We may be a little biased, but we love where we work – really! cohealth aims to provide a rewarding work culture that encourages personal and professional growth. We offer competitive salary, attractive benefits including Not for Profit Salary Sacrificing benefits on top of your salary, genuine flexible work options and career development training opportunities for people who really want to soar? We value reward and recognition and we like to have fun together – so yeah having a great work culture really matters to us here.
About the organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Mental Health & AOD Worker via Pro Bono Australia.