About the role
This role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Advising the board on governance and procedural matters and legislative and regulatory requirements;
- Monitoring that board policy and procedures are followed;
- Coordinating the timely completion and despatch of board papers;
- Ensuring that the business at board meetings and general meetings is accurately captured in the minutes; and
- Helping to organise and facilitate the induction and professional development of directors.
- Experience in corporate governance and as a Company Secretary or Assistant Company Secretary.
- Legal qualifications preferred.
Part Time / Volunteer (approximately 5 hours per month)
Board Meetings – Held Every 3 months
Board meetings are in held in Brisbane CBD but can be joined remotely via conference / skype
Refer to the attached position description and selection criteria.
About the organisation
Green Cross Australia empowers a resilient Australia. We work with respected business, research, community and government partners to cultivate resilience, environmental sustainability and wellbeing through digital networks, peer to peer learning and collaborative partnerships. We are not an advocacy group – rather we embrace collaboration to achieve impact.
Green Cross Australia is an independent, non-politically linked member based not for profit organisation encouraging action and empowerment of communities to foster resilience to an uncertain future. GCA lifts communities above the cascading impacts of climate change. We assist in supporting difficult discussions that are needed to help both decision makers and communities balance risk and opportunity, and we provide independent guidance in understanding what is happening in the natural, social and built environment context of local communities, helping them to protect what they have and to plan for the future
We have a committed Board of Directors with a range of expertise and experience. GCA Directors have been highly appreciative of role the Company Secretary role in being able to support the Board and the organisations activities.
To learn more about Green Cross Australia, please visit our website
How to apply for this role
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
To assess applications, please address the Selection Criteria. Applications that do not address the criteria will not be considered.
Please quote in application: Company Secretary – Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.