About the role
The Direct Marketing Manager, is responsible for developing, implementing and managing the renewal, retention, and acquisition strategies for one-off and regular givers for the Sir David Martin Foundation with a key focus on direct marketing to grow revenue and build the support base. This role is instrumental in ensuring the long term financial sustainability of the Foundation.
Reporting to the General Manager, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in developing, implementing and reviewing the Fundraising strategic plan and budget, monitor progress against these, recognise good performance and address performance issues.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation standard practice for relevant direct marketing activities
- Drive the development of the fundraising strategy for individual giving programs through multi-channels
- Develop and implement strategies to strengthen, grow and leverage each relationship to drive increased engagement with the Foundation
- Ensure relationships with donors, the community, suppliers and partnerships are efficient and cost-effective and they understand our values and will champion the Foundation
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget as it relates to the strategic plan through accurate prediction of Direct Marketing income streams and associated costs
- Work closely with the General Manager to ensure forecasts and budgets are monitored and to ensure financial transparency to our supporters
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing or fundraising
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising and understanding of NGOs and not-for-profit organisations
- Demonstrated ability in developing, testing and implementing effective direct marketing programs, new product developments, fundraising techniques and resources.
- knowledge of online marketing, print production, design management processes and experience in web content.
- In-depth fundraising knowledge and demonstrated fundraising success in direct marketing
- Proven experience in strategic and operational delivery of all aspects of direct marketing and reporting outcomes for retention and growth
- Experience in partner/stakeholder liaison with strong interpersonal skills with a capacity for conflict resolution, relationship management and diplomacy
- Proven experience working with acquisition and retention channels
- Strong time management skills with the proven ability to manage several projects at once, make sound judgments, prioritise work and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Experience in managing budgets, project expenditure and delivering organisational outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to engage, support and develop team members and build effective relationships across the Foundation
- Knowledge of and experience with SRM databases and data analysis
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, databases, social networking platforms and marketing automation platforms
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check if you haven’t completed one in the last 12 months.
Culture & Benefits
Sir David Martin Foundation is a Trust and Mission Australia is the Trustee. A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted childcare rates with participating centres
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com or phone (02) 9217 1075
About the organisation
Sir David Martin Foundation is a 29 -year old Family Foundation, helping young people in crisis. We fund programs to support young people suffering from problems such as substance addiction, homelessness, mental illness, disengagement from society, abuse, unemployment and family breakdown. These programs provide treatment and support for these issues, as well as assist young people in returning to education and training to find pathways to employment and a healthy, productive life.
As the major philanthropic partner of Mission Australia, we’ve raised over $65M since 1990. This partnership has enabled a best practice model of treatment for young people with drug and alcohol addiction. The Foundation is the major funder of Mission Australia’s Triple Care Farm, a unique, holistic treatment center which each year gives over 200 vulnerable young Australians, aged 16-24, a safe place to get well and prepare for new opportunities.
Treatment works, empowering vulnerable young people to find a healthy, productive life. Every $1 donated by our supporters creates $3 worth of social value.
How to apply for this role
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 25 August 2019
Please quote in application: Direct Marketing Manager via Pro Bono Australia.