About the role
- 2 permanent positions available
- Full Time-19 day month
- Part time-32.8 hours per week
Hume City Council’s Maternal Child Health team has an exciting opportunity for an Enhanced Parent Support Worker. The Enhanced Parent Support Worker role incorporates the facilitation of parenting education groups; providing holistic assistance, support and skills development to enhance families’ parenting experiences. The role is also responsible for working alongside Maternal Child Health Nurses with families in their homes, in a partnership approach to enhance parents’ knowledge, skills, and identified parenting challenges. This approach builds the capacity to consider both parent and child’s social, emotional, health, safety, learning and developmental needs. This position plays a vital role in the Enhanced Maternal Child and Health team.
Our service is comprised of a dedicated multidisciplinary team, including Enhanced MCH nurses, Parent Support Worker, Social Worker, and the Universal MCH team, with highly supportive admin staff. You will be a flexible and dynamic individual who enjoys the challenge and variety of working with a diverse community within the Enhanced Home Visiting team and will be someone who enjoys delivering parent groups, including First Time Parent Groups.
We are committed to delivering innovative services and aim to achieve the empowerment of families with improved parenting attachment, competence, and confidence.
We are seeking a candidate with the desire to make a valued contribution and a genuine commitment to the wellbeing of the community.
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant qualification in Early Childhood Development
- Demonstrated experience in group facilitation
- Experience within the MCH service or in an Early Childhood setting (highly desirable).
- Experience in working with families with complex needs (highly desirable)
- Sound understanding of the principles and practice around diversity and inclusive services
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- Current driver’s license and have access to own vehicle
In addition, we are seeking someone with the following skills, abilities, and qualities:
- Conduct 1:1 home visiting support to eligible families
- Ability to facilitate first parent education groups, toddler information sessions and supported playgroups
- Work across a wide multi-cultural community.
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Well-developed reflective practice and awareness of self
- Ability to develop and maintain respectful and cooperative relationships
- Commitment to quality customer service and improvement
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team, engaging with internal and external stakeholders to support improved outcomes for families
What We Offer
With our high level of employee engagement, Hume City Council offers a great working environment where you can develop your career. We offer flexible work arrangements and other benefits, such as study assistance and interest-free loans for public transport. Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs.
About the organisation
Hume City Council is a leaderinlocal government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality, and support for its people.
Hume City is one of Australia's fastest-growing communities and with more people choosing to call Hume home, we're expected to welcome more than 57,000 new residents to our City over the next decade.
How to apply for this role
For further information, view the attached position description or
contact Melanie Budge on 9205 2643.
To apply for this job go to: www.hume.vic.gov.au/careers/Jobs_And_Opportunities. Applications close 20 August 2019 (Job ID:4808561)
Please quote in application: Enhanced Parent Support via Pro Bono Australia.